You should see my calendar this week. The busy sections are peach colored (Outlook picked the color, not me) and the open slots are white. There is so much peach I could make a pie, except there are no white slots in whichto eat it. This morning, I woke up at 5 a.m. to return emails and get a jump on the day. I even left a message for someone who is interested in volunteering, not thinking that when she got in this morning at 9:00 a.m. she would wonder why I returned her call at 5:30 a.m. I thought to myself, “oh no, blog day.” Then I realized that my schedule this week is the best blog topic of all. If you examine my calendar this week there is a slice of everything that makes TFS important to the community. To stick with the pie motif, here are some slices:
- Meetings with community leaders: I started the week by helping Alice Lutzorient our new Advisory and Board members. They are an inquisitive and intelligent group. We are so lucky to have them engaged with our agency and in our community. Joining our Board of Directors are Beacham Wray, Ian MacGregor, Karen Ryden, Robin Gallant, Jennifer Fair, and Eric Braun. New to our Advisory Board are Beverly Murray, Ed Paradise, and John McKinney. Later this week I have meetings with our Mental Health Advisory Committee and our Family Safety Advisory Committee.
- Interns: As I said in the blog last week, we have nine new interns. They are amazing, energetic, talented, and ready to dive right in! I get to meet with them twice this week and these meetings are the highlight of my days! We are still working on everyone’s schedule in an effort to accommodate their classes and other commitments. We are really close to getting it just right! These nine interns will contribute $164,250.00 worth of services to the agency and the community over the next 9 months.
- Events: This week is full of preparation for upcoming events and there is even a WONDERFUL fundraiser this week!
- Diamonds Direct Fundraiser: This week only, 10% of the proceeds go to one of three charities and we are on the list! It is never too early to get your loved one a holiday gift! Head over to Diamonds Direct located at Crabtree Valley Mall this Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday and tell them you want your donation to go to TFS!
- Wake Up with TFS breakfast: I am also helping the staff gear up for our Wake Up with TFS breakfast, which will be on Thursday, Sept 6 at 7:30 a.m. I have been recruiting the staff volunteers who will be there “working the crowd” and answering questions. If you haven’t gotten your tickets yet, go to our website RIGHT NOW before we sell out!
- Finally, our staff is participating in an agency fair at the United Way kick-off event on Wednesday, Sept. 12th and I am scheduling interns and staff to participate!
With all of these exciting things going on, I may have to wait a little longer to eat that delicious piece of pie.